Sunday, May 24, 2015

Bread of Life: Being Yourself Anyway


Sunday is the day I share a little of my soul. Enjoy.

Tuesday of this week I got the chance to go back to TV. It was a personal victory. 

It had been a few months since my last segment, due to a heavy work schedule and also some struggles with body image and stuff...you know...stuff. I talked about it a few weeks ago here, but I didn't really go into details. Suffice it to say, that the producer asked me to come back on the show again in a few days and it was a huge boost to my confidence.

I had to swing by work on the way home and ran into some dear friends that I had not seen for several years...and we ended up having lunch together at the bistro.  It was great to see these dear ladies again and share an hour or two. 

 There is something incredible about spending time at a delicious meal surrounded by genuine warmth of friendship that has spanned the course of two decades. I am so grateful to the gloriously real women who let me sit down to their table at lunch and walk away at the end of our time together feeling deeply encouraged in heart, renewed in spirit and empowered in purpose! Ladies...thank you for being real! I love you!

One of the gals said something, "Did it help to share your struggle with body image on your blog?"  I've thought about it...and yes it does. It helps a lot. 

There's a certain part of me that would just rather not ever be in the public eye. It is the same part of me that wants everyone to like me and be my friend. I assume that because I have an open heart and love everyone I meet that everyone else should be the same. I would rather ere on the side of common courtesy than try and say hurtful things about anyone. Even then, there are always going to be a few who just stink it up wherever they go and say horrid things. You and I will never please everyone.  Everyone will not like you or me. I'm learning to accept that and move on. It is hard to do!

 That brings me to to this week's thought for Sunday.  You will always be too much of something for someone. Be yourself anyway. 

The masses will have contradicting opinions of you:
Too fat, too thin, 
too tall, too short, 
too happy, too serious, 
too righteous, too imperfect, 
too much something...



Haters will hate. They'll say incredibly rude things about you. If there's merit to the critical words, take them, but don't dwell on them.  That's hard to do. It's an extremely mature person who can take a criticism and judge if it is justified. Sometimes they cut to your heart because you know they can be fixed or they are faults you are working to fix. Take a hard look at yourself.  It might be hard to shake it off but here are my thoughts today...

Listen to the people who believe in you and your dreams. 


Listen to those who know you, cheer for you and stand with you. 

Listen to those who will publicly defend you and their alliance with you! 

Be humble, but don't be too sensitive. 

Trust in the Lord and live as a true example of a believer.  
Remember He had critics who crucified him and he was innocent and perfect. 
You're going to get grief if you're trying to be good.
Don't judge others. 
 Move on.
 Let it go. 
Breath. 
Be yourself anyway! 
Go!

There it is.
Always My Very Best,
Your Friend Tess


4 comments:

Mama Peck said...

You are so clever! I would have never thought to bake the brownies first. Brilliant! I totally get your struggle with body image. I'm so sorry you have to deal with stuff like that. Just remember there are far more of us who 'like you just the way you are' to quote Mr Rogers. :)
What would we do without you? ((Hugs))

ChrisW said...

Tess, you are adorable and perfect JUST the way you are, and we LOVE you for it! xoxoxoxo

ChrisW said...

And you're a redhead: I will love you forever!!!

Frosted Thinking Too...... said...

Lunch was awesome and I'm so grateful to be a part of your life!! Lots of Loves!!